Most companies do not have a frequent need for custom injection molding. In many cases, once a customer chooses a company with which to work, the partnership is likely to last as long as the molder produces quality parts. Companies need custom injection molding services in scenarios such as:
- Designing new durable plastic products that must be injection molded, or the part has to be customized.
- Redesigning existing parts.
- When a current molder no longer meets quality standards.
- When moving manufacturing back to the US from overseas.
When sourcing services, companies should consider the following qualities in selecting an injection molding partner.
A molder with a higher number of presses can handle more work within a given time. However, it’s important to choose a company with a wide range of press sizes. Injection molding machines are classed in terms of tonnage or pressure; they may run from 40-4000 tons. Large machines can hold larger molds, but not all molded parts work well on these large machines. The molder will decide which machine to use based on parts size, numbers, and the materials to be used. At Essentra Pipe Protection Technologies, we have 28 presses in the United States and 10 in Mexico, with clamping forces from 300-1100 tons.
In-House Tool Building & Design Teams
There are several advantages to choosing a molder with the in-house ability to take a project from concept all the way to completion, such as:
- The ability to make on-the-fly refinements. In the earliest development stages, changes are quite common. By working with a turnkey manufacturer like Essentra, clients can make, review, and refine changes within the shortest possible time.
- Expertise. Essentra’s engineering and manufacturing teams are trained to create the best designs for every project. With our expertise, we’re able to build molds that produce high-quality parts in various quantities.
- Access to the latest EDM machine tooling and equipment
We take every step of the process seriously at Essentra, working with our customers at each stage to achieve high quality, and at a fair price.
Custom Injection Molding Quality Guarantee
One vital question companies should always ask providers is if they offer guarantee molding for the entire lifespan of the product. When working with manufacturers who design and build pipe protection product molds, or other custom molds, there should be some sort of guarantee. If minor adjustments or repairs must be made, molders should stand behind their work and products. Essentra is proud to offer some of the industry’s best tooling, and we stand behind it with some of the best warranty coverage available. When in-house tools are run, you won’t have to worry about maintenance or repair fees.
Narrowing the Field with Essentra
With the number of injection molding services in the US, choosing the right provider for a project can be a time-consuming and daunting task. The information in this guide was designed to help you contrast and compare injection molding options and determine the right manufacturer for upcoming projects. Call us at 1-877-276-9208 to learn about our line of top quality pipe protection products, and to find out how our team at Essentra can help with your company’s next high-volume custom injection molding project.