Essentra Pipe Protection Technologies
We are the global market leader in oil country tubular goods, thread protectors and pipe protection products. We produce the most extensive range of thread protectors under the strictest and highest quality manufacturing standards in the industry. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, we have been the leader in pipe protection technologies for over 30 years. With offices and employees around the globe, Essentra Pipe Protection Technologies serves our customers from offices in Leduc, Canada; Veracruz, Mexico; Aberdeen, UK and through a worldwide distributor network. Essentra Pipe Protection Technologies forms the Protection & Finishing Products division of Essentra PLC.
We specialize in the manufacture of high performance products from commodity resins to engineering-grade thermoplastics and polymer alloys under ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified quality and environmental systems. As the world’s leading manufacturer of thread protection products for the oil & gas industry, Essentra Pipe Protection Technologies is committed to product innovation and continually exceeding customer expectations.
Since our inception in 1980 – and through focusing on leadership, reliability, stability and dependability – we have delivered annual revenue growth on a consistent basis.
- Mega Composite™ provide corrosion resistance of plastic merged with the impact resistance of steel for utmost performance. Precision Computer Numerical Control (“CNC”) cut threads to American Petroleum Institute (“API”) and premium connections standards.
- Ultra® CNC-machined threads provide an exact fit on premium connections. Ultra reduces the chance of corrosion and eliminates backing-off during storage and handling.
- MaxX® was developed to meet the stringent standards of the API 5CT Annex I 9th Edition specifications. Advanced plastic resin formulation and engineering elements, such as rib and stiffener support, and ultra-thick, ultra-strong pads and diaphragms, combine to deliver the highest level of thread protection available on the market today.
- Magnum® With an extremely rugged design, Magnum offers extra heavy duty protection for API tubular goods.
- Titan® This heavy duty design provides protection for API threads at the best value.
- Tector® The most economical thread protector available.
- Tector® Plus All the benefits of Tector, with added thickness for durability.
- Drill Pipe A complete line of drill pipe protectors in all-plastic or all-metal for maximum protection. Available in a lightweight plastic, a heavy duty plastic and all-steel for both API and premium drill pipe connections.
- Line Pipe Designed to protect both beveled and plain-end pipe. Available in liftable and non-liftable closed-end versions.
- Rhino® Tubular Handling Systems Provide a safe, efficient, cost-effective method for transport and storage of tubular goods. Accommodate a variety of pipe sizes.
- Accessories A variety of stabbing guides, bumper rings and pipe chocks, to meet OCTG needs.
Our 136,000 square-foot facility, which now incorporates our headquarter offices, production operations, and warehousing in a single site, is double the size of our previous location, and allows increased efficiencies and better work flow to provide customers with superior service. The expanded Essentra Pipe Protection Technologies facility features larger injection press capacity machines and high cavitation mold bases, with additional tooling capabilities, thus increasing production rates.
Our goal is to provide the highest quality products and to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction. We strive for continuous improvement throughout the entire organization. We have been ISO 9001 certified since 1997, and use this stringent quality standard in every process. We are equally committed to protecting the environment and the health and safety of our employees, and place a high value on our human capital. Essentra Pipe Protection Technologies has achieved ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems Certification and OHSAS 18001 Health and Safety Certification. The company also boasts DNV certifications.
Our Houston location was recently awarded Essentra PLC’s highest Health, Safety & Environment Award – a Gold Standard – for the second year in a row. It commends continued outstanding performance in employee and workplace health and safety.
The Essentra Pipe Protection Technologies standard of performance:
- Industry or custom design parameters
- Production capacity to meet any size job
- Financial strength to meet all requirements
- On-time delivery
- Partnerships built on trust, experience, leadership and reliability
We are committed to providing the highest quality products, routinely testing for:
- High/low temp environment
- UV Resistance